Want more success in work or in doing business?
I hope so, because that’s what today is all about.
Did you know I used to work in IT at a hedge fund in NYC back in 2008-2010?
And guess who used to come in from time to time?
That’s right…Bill Clinton. He was good friends with the owner of the hedge fund.
Chelsea Clinton was an intern at one point and I helped her with her email (she was very nice.)
Ok, enough celebrity stalking! :)
On the occasion that Bill Clinton came into the trading floor of the hedge fund, word would spread like wildfire “Bill Clinton’s on the 14th floor!”
Can you believe that I never went up there to see him? Probably had to do with social anxiety at the time.
But Bill Clinton is known for his charisma, and it is said that he has a way of making you feel like you are the only person in the room (in a good way) when he shakes your hand and speaks to you.
The he makes magnetic eye contact, smiles and creates a connection ultra-fast just with very few words, if any.
And it was verified by my co-workers who went up and met him. Because he also was known to make sure to spend time to meet people, no matter who they are on the 14th floor. Even if it’s just for a few seconds.
Bill is all about GIVING of his energy.
Can you see a pattern here?
When we struggle with shyness, connecting with people and being social it’s all about “ME.”
So in connecting with others to meet more people, make better connections here’s what we can learn from Bill Clinton:
1) Come from a giving mindset
2) Put ALL of your attention on the person in front of you. Let them feel your presence.
3) Make solid (warm) eye contact
4) Crack a smile!
And from there you can…
5) Ask questions and be interested in them (name, what they do, where they’re from, what they are up to for the day/week/etc)
6) Share about yourself, too though not too much, keep the focus on them, especially in business situations (REALLY good for potential sales)
7) If there’s a connection, invite them for coffee, lunch, a drink, etc and exchange info.
Rinse and repeat.
That’s it in a nutshell.
Of course, if you have a lot of mental noise going on this can be tough stuff, a lack of confidence or have not-so-good people and social skills.
Or maybe you just need help in taking more action and getting a clear action plan with powerful next steps that will move you FORWARD.
If you are over 30 and want help with this, then you can grab up a FREE Dual Session Package with me – a crazy special offer for what I’m calling Self-Confident September, where I’m doing some awesome giving above and beyond what I normally do with these emails and my videos.
I’m only offering up until they are gone.
It’s by application only, because you need to be:
1) A 30+ man who really wants to succeed
2) An action taker of some kind or willing to take action with the work we do together in the sessions
3) Have been actively working/trying to better yourself in the areas of confidence, social/connection skills
If that’s you then apply here:
>> APPLICATION: Free Dual Session Package <<
If it’s a fit, I’ll get in touch within 24 hours to set it up with you.
Authentic confidence and natural social skills are easy when you know how to think, what to do and are willing to take ACTION. Things can start to happen very quickly.